November 21, 2009

New Beyonce Album Set For 2010


beyonce album

Superstar Beyonce looks set to launch another assault on the charts in 2010 with the release her 4th solo album. During her ‘I Am…’ tour’s final show here in the UK today (at Nottingham’s Trent FM Arena), Bouncy proclaimed:

“… I’ll see you in a year with a new album”

This comes as hitmaker Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins, who she has collaborated with many times (see: ‘Lose My Breath’, ‘Deja Vu’ etc), recently posted on his Twitter:

“Yes Get Back out Here!! I mean in 1 month U write for Janet, then Jlo and then leave!! C’mon we got Beyoncé to do!!!”

{Source}

While I’m sure many will be hollering about how Bouncy needs to sit down and whatnot, come this time next year it will actually have been 2 years since the release of ‘I Am…Sasha Fierce’ -apt enough time to drop a new record; a record which I, for one, am amped up for. As one of those who at times used to drop the ’she needs to chill for a bit’ line, it quickly became apparent that a Beyonce-less music scene just ain’t cutting it – at all (see all the dry award shows missing her showstopping performances). If she’s in her prime at present, then why sit it out? Work!

If there’s one hope I have for a new Beyonce record, it’s that it manages to deliver where it’s predecessors didn’t. I mean, I grew to like the ‘I Am…Sasha Fierce’ CD, yet would have been content with a single disc featuring the deluxe ‘Sasha’ side (including ‘Hello’, ‘Scared of Lonely’), with ‘Video Phone’ removed (not a fan), as well as ‘Ego’ (more befitting to the ‘B-Day’ LP). Joining the tracklist from the ‘I Am…’ side would have been ‘Halo’, ‘Broken Hearted Girl’, ‘Smash Into You’ and ‘If I Were A Boy’…and bingo, there’s a solid album LOL.

In any case, it’s great to see Darkchild involved with the project. Can’t wait to see what comes of their re-teaming, as well as the LP more generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Like Box

Comments.