November 21, 2009

New Video: Janet Jackson – ‘Make Me’

The video for Janet Jackson’s new single ‘Make Me’, the lead single from her ‘Number Ones’ compilation (out now), premiered a few moments ago on ABC’s 20/20. With the song and accompanying video seeming only to serve the purpose of promoting her greatest hits, I guess I was never expecting an-all out big budget affair, but I’d be deceiving myself and you if I said I wasn’t slightly disappointed. I can’t put my finger on why, but between the not-so-enthralling choreography and the overall so-so’ness of the clip, I found myself a tad underwhelmed. Ms. Jackson usually comes a lot harder. That said, in view of all that’s been going on, she kinda gets a pass. Here’s hoping she nails it with her hotly anticipated performance at Sunday’s American Music Awards, where she opens the star-studded event with an 8-minute medley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Like Box

Comments.