Lindsay Lohan on the cover of the German edition 
of <i>GQ</i>
It was thought that Lindsay Lohan's last public statement before reporting to a Los Angeles correctional facility to serve a 90-day sentence on Tuesday (July 20) was the message she sent on her fingernail last week. But the German edition of GQ just published their latest issue, which features Lohan on the cover and an interview with the troubled actress inside. (The magazine's website also features a behind-the-scenes video of her photo shoot.)
In the interview, which took place during the Cannes Film Festival and has been translated by Crushable, Lohan doesn't discuss her legal troubles. Instead, she talks about why she still wants to act and how the media makes that complicated.
"When I started working in the industry, I wanted to get to the very top — and I was painted as something completely different from what I really was," she told the magazine. "Nowadays in Hollywood, it is so much more about celebrities and gossip, which can distract many great actors from their actual ability. The public comes to know so much about these people that it gets superimposed upon on their work in movies. I love what I do, so I have to be able to handle it."
Lohan also expressed frustration at the way she is perceived by the public. "The media creates its images in just seconds, so they can interpret reality as they imagine it," she said. "If I sneeze, photos are published in which I am said to be weeping bitterly. And if I keep my hand in front of my mouth and nose, it's the same; I was hungover and had a hard night of heavy partying behind me. You can't imagine to what extent this has been accepted."
The latest "media image" of Lohan came on Thursday, when gossip site X17 posted a video of the actress apparently entering the sober-living facility Pickford Lofts, which was started by celebrity lawyer Robert Shapiro. Lohan is also said to be hiring Shapiro to represent her after attorney Shawn Chapman Holley quit last week. X17 also posted a video of Shapiro visiting the facility, but the lawyer would not say whether he was representing Lohan.
How much do you feel the media is to blame for Lindsay Lohan's problems? Share your opinions in the comments below.